Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

So What's Next?

Ok... so Boston 2014 is behind us. 


The beard crossed the finish line. 
The beard is now gone...
Having some fun while shaving :)

Though I miss the beard. I'm glad that it's gone. Way too much maintenance for me. One of the reasons I shave my head is because I like to get up and go. Ain't nobody got time for that!

So what now? Not sure. Been taking the time to rest my body. I have had achy feet for most of Boston training. Never really complained about it because there was NOTHING that was going to stop me from crossing that finish line! So I have been resting. I have done a couple runs here and there, but nothing crazy. Maybe a total of 15-20 miles in the past 3 weeks.

Races coming up? I signed up for the Johnny Kelly Half Marathon. It's actually my wife's fist half. Since I really haven't trained for it, my plans is stick with her to the finish. I am so excited for her! She's been training hard for this and will do great! Can't wait to see her cross the finish line!

I haven't signed up for any other races in the near future. I'm sure once I start feeling back to 100% that will change. Just don't want to think about it right now. I honestly don't even want to think about a fall marathon right now either. My heart was set on the NYC marathon, but then I didn't get selected in the lottery. I have no strong desire to do any other (right now).
-

But....
Sometime back in February, after a few beers with some friends, I apparently agreed to and signed up for a Spartan Race in September. But not just any Spartan race like the one I did last year - a 5k sprint. 


Oh no... that's not manly enough to do. Especially after a few beers. I signed up for the Spartan Beast! A 12+ mile Obstacle Race from Hell in the hills of Killington Vermont (according to their website).  

Yay.... I'm gonna die.... 

-

So that's it from the "And So it Burns" headquarters. I haven't been posting much lately and I have pretty much given up on posting on the And So it Burns Facebook page. Not that anyone has missed it. I just dont know how other people have time to post all the time on their Blog Facebook page. I dont even have time to post on my personal page. Eh... my posts will come in spurts. I believe in quality, not quantity :)

-
Have a great week everyone!!





3 comments:

Beth said...

What's next? A great question! The VT Spartan Race sounds interesting. You won't die, I'm sure. A long time friend of mine is training for that and will run it with some of his buddies. I've pondered going to watch... Doubt I'll ever attempt one of those or a Boulder Dash. Pick your goal wisely and train like hell for it and you WILL succeed!!

Nicole said...

The founder of Spartan just published a book and it is on the way to me as we speak. I have a blogger partnership with Spartan and I do some promoting for them in exchange for a free race for my readers. I am pretty sure I will never do one, but I have learned to never say never. I think you will have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Take it one day at a time! You are doing amazing!!!!