Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Watch out for 24043!


Got my bib number today!!


33 days away..... 

I'm excited, but I can't tell how much I want to get this marathon done. I'm tired. I hate to admit it, but I am. A year ago I had never ran a marathon. Now I'm on course to run my third - in less than a year. And my body is paying for it. I need a break.

Though I must say, this marathon training is much different than my last two. The first one was all new to me. It was my first 15 miler, my first 17 miler, my first everything. I had no clue what I was doing. I was just following a training plan a friend that was also running their first marathon gave me. I followed it to the tee. I was way too nervous to do anything different. It worked out good. Finished it in 3hrs 56mins. Not too bad for my first time.

The second one, I pushed it. I followed the same plan, but if it called for a 15 miler I did 16 1/2. If 20 I did 21. I wanted to out do my first marathon. And I did...... by 2 mins... LOL

This time around, I have been a bit more conservative with my runs. The first month and a half were horrible due to IT band issues. With the help from PT (and the foam roller), I have made them better. They are still not 100%. I work on them daily, but I have my bad days, my bad runs.


 I just need to stay healthy for at least 33 more days. I have to stay healthy for 3 more long runs. I'm looking forward to tapering. Then looking forward to marathon day.....

.... watch out for 24043!!!

6 comments:

Bill Fine said...

OMG.......Jose, I remember when I got my number last year......I know EXACTLY what you're feeling right now. The next few weeks are going to seem like they're barely moving at all....and then you'll find yourself in the Athlete's Village in Hopkinton, looking around at all the other runners....and you'll realize EXACTLY where you are!!!

I'm SOOOOOOO excited for you!

Kenley said...

Just make it to the start line man. You will rock it after that.

Anonymous said...

Is this a heads up or a threat?

Char said...

Thirty three days - you can do it. Just one day at a time and you'll get there. And then give yourself that sell-deserved break.

Michael said...

Hang in there. It will be such a GREAT experience it will totally be worth it!

Scott McMurtrey said...

I was wiped out and tired when I ran my first Boston a couple years ago. What that allowed me to do is throw out any time goals, pack my camera, take off my watch, and soak in the atmosphere. If I ever do it again, I'll try to get race-ready.