Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Great first run.....

First of all,... thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. Comments were very much welcomed and appreciated. ....
-
Moving along...
I woke up Saturday morning with the mindset that I was going to run that morning. I don't know maybe 3 or 4 miles, something like that. As I was drinking my coffee and checking out my Facebook, I saw that two of my friends were running a 5k only minutes from my house. Eh, I figured I would go check it out support the runners and maybe get my run in for the day.

When I got there, my mind was already telling me "to run the race".... so the heck with it, I signed up and met with my friends on their warm up run. I figured what the heck? At least it will get me back out there and out of my funk. The plan was to just take it easy as it was my first run after the marathon. But I knew most of the people running. It was the usual bunch of local runners and in my mind I knew that I had a good chance in placing in this race.

We lined up, the horn went off and before you know it I had a good strong hold of third place. There was no way I was letting that go! It was a hard zig zaggy, hilly race, but sure enough, I got 3rd place!!


Fortunately it was a small race so I had somewhat of a chance. There were no athletes from the local colleges to steal my glory. There were no prizes, no medals. Just a congrats and thank you for donation and we were on our way.

I was kinda upset about the no medal thing, but what ever, I wasn't even planing on racing, so I can't complain. The best part for me was just hanging out with the local runners, meeting new people and trading war stories.

My friend Chuck, Anita and me after the race...


 It was a great first run back!

-

By the way, if you do not follow me on Facebook, you are missing out. Ok, not really missing out.... but there is a lot more up to date posting, pictures and comments for And so it Burns. Like my page and join the fun!!






4 comments:

Char said...

So good to hear that you're feeling it again. Great run for your first back :-)

Michelle said...

Great 1st run back! WTG and congrats!

Kenley said...

That is quite a first run. cheers on 3rd place.

Unknown said...

I love running too! The best part about running is that you get to be outside and with nature. It's very peaceful and relaxes me.
I started running in late February and so far I've run 100 miles. I am so happy I took that first jog. You and your blog has inspired me to push myself so that I can become a better runner. Maybe one day I can run marathons like you.