Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Survived the first winter storm!

I woke up early Saturday morning and got 10+ miles in before the snow started falling. It was cold, probably in the upper 20's or lower 30's. But I was prepared. Had my black winter cap, black gloves, black long running pants, black long sleeve shirt with a bright fluorescent yellow short sleeve over that one that made me look like a highlighter marker:

Otherwise I would have looked like I was about to rob a bank or something.. :)

Started snowing at about noontime and didn't stop until 8am Sunday morning. We lost power for about 6hrs that night. We were lucky. Still today there are thousands of people without power in our town and surrounding areas.  We got about 8" of real heavy snow. Towns north of us got a mind blowing 32"!!!!! That's almost unheard of midwinter, never mind in October.
Our office was closed on Monday, which meant I didn't have to drive in. As long as I have an internet connection I can work from anywhere. So I was logged in answering emails and making calls. It was just as busy as any other day.

So I ran 10 on Saturday. Sunday was a planned Day off. Monday work and life took the front seat to everything else. This morning I packed all my running stuff and brought them in with me to work. Lunchtime  runs here I come!

Have a great week everyone!!

-JR



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

20-30s = invigorating!

Michael said...

I'm so not ready for snow or cold weather, but we are getting it tomorrow...well the cold weather anyway, no snow YET!

The Unexpected Runner said...

I hate winter, mostly because you tend to get frostbite if you don't wear pants to run.