Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Song of the Run

6 1/2 miles today..... done and Finished strong! Kept a good 7.5min pace all the way through. Awesome run!
=

When I run, I run with music 90% of the time. It keeps my mind occupied plus I don't have to listen to myself breathing. On every run, there is always that one song that comes on that helps you push a little harder, makes you run a little faster or it just helps you out when you hit that wall! I call it the Song of the Run.

There has been many Songs of Run for me. From "Living in America" by James Brown that helped me out during The Running of the Wolves 10k, to "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard that got me moving at the Worcester Half, to "I like it like that" by Tito Nieves that helped me finish the last 10k I did.
I listen to all kinds of music (Salsa, Pop, Heavy Metal, Rap, Country, Jazz) so I never know what song will be THE song that will give me that extra kick....


Today's Song of the Run was "Lose Yourself" by Eminem.


Do you guys listen to music when you run? What do you listen to?

No comments: