Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Good run, good day....

Today we had plans of going to the Museum of Science in Boston. It was going to be a 100 degree day. So indoors plans were a must! With this in mind, I knew that if I wanted to get a good run in today I had to get up early. One to beat the heat and two, to get on the road as soon as possible.
At 6am this morning I was out the door. I wasn't really sure how far I planned on running today. But at the 3 mile mark I felt really good and decided to go for as long as I could. I ran from my house to Dudley District court and back. Roughly shy under 10 miles. It was a good easy paced run. I love it when they feel that good all the way through...... though, I have to admit, at the 8 mile mark, thoughts of stopping ran through my mind. Luckily, my iPod, which is set to random, started playing some good tunes to keep me motivated! The turn around song, the song that changed the pace of my run at the 8 mile mark was "100 miles & Running" by N.W.A. Its an oldie to me. I know all the words to it and it lifted me up as I lip synced the words as I ran.

Good run today. Good vacation day. I don't want it to end.


- J

No comments: