Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tired today

Day two of work after vacation and I feel beat! There was a lot of catch up to do, but I got most of done today. The phone calls died down after lunch which helped a lot. I think I'm more mentally beat than anything. I have deal with people all day long and as you can imagine, it can take a toll on you.

Being busy all morning long, it made it fly by. It was almost noon time before I realized it. Running time! That's where I lock up my computer, put my cell phone away, grab my running shoes and head for the shower room to change up. The shower room is actually a room that was originally designed for nursing mothers. There has only been two nursing mothers during my 4 yrs of work. But for the most part, since the room is mostly used by 3 guys (3 runners), the women never bothered using this room that now looked and smelt like a guys locker room. They could have made a big deal about it and kicked us out of there, but they were cool and instead used a small office that wasn't being used.

Today's run was really good. I felt great from start to finish. I ran 6.5 miles at about an 8min mile pace. The weather was good too. I'm guessing low 80's and not too humid. I love this weather. I wish it could be like this all year long.
I left work around 5pm and it was dark out. Clouds filled the sky and you can tell that it was going to downpour any minute. And as if in queue, when I pulled out of the parking lot, it came down!... all the way home! Can't complain though. I think this is the first time it has rain in over two weeks. It kept me in for the afternoon. I needed the rest anyways... ;)

No comments: