Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Running during my lunch break

I guess I've been pretty lucky that I can run at work during my lunch break. They have a shower room that comes in handy so you are not stinking the rest of the day :) I run anywhere from 5 to 7 miles depending on the day. But I have been known to push an 8 or 9 mile run with Ernie (another runner at work). Usually coming in after my lunch is over. I come in early or stay late, so I always make up my time in some way.

I ran today at work. I pretty much know the back streets of Southborough pretty well by now. I usually see the same people too. A tall lady walking her dogs, the mailman delivering mail in his truck and when school is in session, I see teachers and other school faculty going for walks during their lunch. A friendly wave is always the must as I run by...

The weather was really nice today. Mid 70's around noon time. Ran 6+ miles today. When I got home, after dinner I went for a good 10 mile bike ride. Nothing real strenuous. Just enough to break a sweat. Perfect night for it!

- J

No comments: