Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

I set a new PR today!!

The CMS 52 week 5k race is a weekly 5k race held by The Central Mass Striders (CMS) group at Worcester State University. It's a low key race and any one can run it. Show up, pay $4 and run. I have done this run plenty of times. Especially during the winter. What else is there to do on a 20 degree Saturday morning???

The last time I did this race was back in April where I came in at 22:41. At that time, a new personal record for me. Today I came in at 21:44!!! Almost a full minute faster!!!! Through the whole race I felt good. I had a feeling I was going to break my last PR. I am super excited!!

There were two guys there that ran 10miles to get to the race and still came in at faster times than me!!! That blows my mind!!! I hope to one day have that kind of determination!!


- Jose

***Edit: I actually came in at 21:41... an actual minute!!!!!

No comments: